This course teaches the basic duties a Range Safety Officer (RSO) performs. It provides a thorough introduction to the role of the RSOs, range Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), range safety briefings, range inspections and rules, emergency procedures, and how to clear common firearm stoppages and correct malfunctions. The skills acquired in this course require regular practice which should initially take place under the supervision of a qualified individual – such as an NRA Chief Range Safety Officer (CRSO). Upon successful completion of the course students will be awarded an NRA RSO Certificate.
Topics covered include:
- Defining the Role of the Range Safety Officer
- Purpose and Structure of Range Standard Operating Procedures
- Procedures for Range Inspection
- Preparing and Conducting Range Safety Briefings
- Emergency Procedures
- Correcting Stoppages and Malfunctions
Class length: 8 Hours
What to bring: All required materials will be provided in class. There is no live-fire in this class.